Thursday, December 31, 2009

My grandma's Kitchen

Whenever I unroll my memories about my grandmother - I visualize her cooking in an old style kitchen nearly all through the day till late evening. She probably deserved some lifetime award in cooking (Not sure whether we have any of it's kind even today). The eighteen member family had extended families and friends - which multiplied to numbers more that my mental maths capability. Age varied from eight to seventy. That would indicate preference from school goers till retriered members - some in their sick bed. In my teenage days , once very seriously I had asked her - "Why do you spend so much time, here in this kitchen?". She softly replied - "I speak to this house through the food I cook". While I was breaking my head on how to counter her next, she offered me a cup of steaming tea!
Gyan 1 - How versalite may be your stakeholders , bank on your strenght. Innovate to meet expectation revolving on your strenghts - which should speak on behalf of you.

2 comments:

  1. This is what is called sticking to core competency in Management language. Diversification is good as long u are building on your basic strength. The interesting part is to identify your core competency. This is the part where organizations lack often. Anyways good example to illustrate such a concept!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats for Innovative start . In todays world people talk a lot in peripheral area rather than core . Certainly helpful for any focused individual or organisation .. Good mentoring for prospective porfessionals ...

    ReplyDelete