Sunday, August 9, 2020

Pandemic chronicles - 19 July '20

19 July

More than 120 days over.

Confinement is now a habit. After shocking electricity bill amounts pinging us (almost pricking us too) and the related conversations all around in my city, suddenly realized the peak summer days by calendar are over. The seasonal feeling was hijacked by the epic story of virus. Debates of all kinds small and big, tactical and strategic, human and not so human is ongoing. Vaccine, Immunity and unending dilemmas gripping mind.

Consciously read health and happiness posts and keep a tab on Radhika and Korno Sir (never mind if you don't know them.. they are script characters in love these days) to keep HQ high. Regularly check out delicious receipe posts from friends and their spouses. It is another story that my kitchen disaster continues. Today failed second time to make a Dosa. But my pursuit to be lively is full on. Evening spent some quality time watching Royal Bengal Rohashya. So much of green, the spice of mystery and touch of science .. felt detoxed. Yes it is long that I have seen the saloon rate card, met the smiling girl in the parlour who practiced spoken English with me while I relaxed. So had to find a better method to rejuvenate. Some thing beyond the silver, gold and pearl. It was a colour splash this evening.

Tomorrow is Monday.

No more blues.. As all seven days have levelled in the last few months. Still would like to call Monday a start of the week. Have to get going with an extra ounce of energy.

Long back had brought a pot in an office outreach event. Well it was auctioned. The first and last time I participated in such a price negotiation experience. It was more an ego game than cause, is what I realized after it was over. But with due love carried it all the way home from my office. Either side near and dear wondered why. Me too was not sure untill some days back.

It found a corner in my room and stood there since then. After lockdown became a serious reality started dusting it everyday as it is now my workspace energy spot. Yes, miss all those lovely women who would deck up well for office and the men who would peep in to greet or share a pie of their last week end in between the packed up meeting slots and decision makings.

The office staff who would offer a cup of tea before the most difficult calls of the week or the hilarious breaks with peers before some boring ones..

Now this pot holds them all for me. Yes the meetings continue. And I now know who has a growing kid at home and who has a super noisy mixy..

I appreciate noise more than colors these days.


No comments:

Post a Comment